Create a Facebook fundraiser.
Social media is a great way to connect and spread awareness, and Facebook fundraisers provide an effective way to raise funds for causes that are important to you. They’re simple to set up, and below are step-by-step instructions about how to set up a Facebook fundraiser on your own Facebook page so that you can encourage people to donate, for example, in recognition of your birthday or other special events.
- On your computer, login to Facebook.
- On the left, click Fundraisers.
- Tip: If you don’t see Fundraisers on the left, then click See more.
- On the left, click Raise money.
- Click Nonprofit.
- You can either:
- Scroll to find the nonprofit you want to raise money for
- Type into the search bar to find the nonprofit you want to raise money for
- Select the nonprofit.
- On the left, enter:
- The goal amount of money you want to raise
- The currency you want the funds to be in
- Click Create. You’ll see a screen pop up where you can invite your friends to donate to your fundraiser, share your fundraiser in your feed, or donate to the fundraiser yourself. If you’re not ready to do any of those things, click Not now.
- Click on the following link to get started: bit.ly/FB-giving